Sunday, January 24, 2010

'O' Levels...

I couldn't not write about this, could I?
After the dust has settled, after the choices have been made, tears shed - whether of joy or disappointment, after all those victorious and upsetting moments - I still want to say mabruk to those who have risen above the others and made their parents, their teachers, and I dare say, themselves, proud - Maryam (heh, first time I see you cry like no other...), Maira, Sakinah, Syafiq, Nabjo, Irshad, Luqman, Arif, Naufal and Maiss (am sorry if I've got the order wrong...)
I am sure there were many personal victories...
Muhammad, congrats on that English grade - Allah has blessed your efforts and you will surely be spoken as a good example for years to come..
Syikin! Yes! Great results for a girl who remained focused and determined...
Naufal, I have always known you to have that potential - you've proven yourself truly this time!
Maiss! Dear maiss who went on cyber hiatus, studied smart (I remember the Reader's Digest)..you deserve it, lady!
To all those who kept their English distinction all the way to the real 'O's, that was no mean feat, so let nobody belittle that achievement! (Lino, I love you for your strength and stoicness...)
To those who felt I have disappointed them and come short of their expectations in my teaching, I am truly, deeply sorry... :(
To those who felt they have disappointed me - DON'T. You have not disappointed me in any way. No disappointment, just sadness....
My heart went to those whom I saw head bowed, eyes red...nothing except my doa that you'll find the confidence back, hold your head high, and face the world once again...
Let's look to the future.
Let the past be someting to learnt from, to gain strength from.
Let's celebrate the fact that through it all, above all else, you have remained faithful to your friends and I hope, to yourself as well.
Nothing lies in the way of victory except yourself.
You are, your worst enemy, or your own best friend.
'Know your enemy,
Know yourself.
In a hundred battles, you will never be lost' - Sun Tzu
InsyaAllah.

2 comments:

  1. Salam mdm!
    This is Syafiqah. Haha, just wanna thank you for everything (especially for my distinction in eng! XD)! Can't do it without your guidance and support. I will always remember you in my prayers!=D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'll remember you in mine...P.S. I think we saw you and Nabjo at Woodlands yesterday... ;)

    ReplyDelete