Sunday, November 29, 2009

And they really came....

It was a surreal Saturday the 28th November 2009.
Firstly, it was just a day after Hari Raya Aidil Adha, which meant we were still in hari tasriq (did I spell this correctly?) I did worry and prayed that we would not do anything that would tarnish these blessed days....
Secondly, I cannot imagine that any parents would really allow their children to cross the straits just to ziarah their teacher and to bond with their friends. I can't imagine these girls and guys 'terlepas' out of Singapore...
Thirdly, Hadi, the veritable gentleman, who always worried about his mother's safety, became worried sick when he knew at least twelve girls were coming to JB! He can't imagine being a bodyguard to all of them! Not that they asked for it, I know...
Fourthly, how do we ferry 21 young people in and out of JB? My gallant husband and Halim were the answers - they became chauffeurs for the rest of the day. Thanks guys! :) And I was told that Halim was sooo comfortable in his role that he doubled as a tourist guide as well...
In the end, I guess, it was by Allah's will that all 21 of them ended at Taman Perling. :)
And what a day it was!
I am touched to know that the kids woke up pretty early, just so they won't miss the KTM train. Then, apparently, they had to brave the smoky air and the cockroaches, and being asked to vacate their seats so they ended up somewhere at the end of the cabin, I was told. Alhamdulillah you all landed safely at Danga Mall, and did not actually overshot all the way to KL....
Also, I can't imagine how you people actually carried that very lovely but heavy hamper all the way across the seas! Thanks a million for that! The sarsi we drank for dinner was from that hamper... I ctually wanted to laugh out when I saw the hamper - so the 'makcik-makcik'! I wonder whose idea it was...hmm

Many,many memories... :)

-A'lim had to take the bus on his own and I worried whether he'll lost his way. Alhamdulillah, he did not... :)

-Oh! I did not know the girls were so frightened of ghosts! really, faatinah! and maryam, too! and dayah tapa, who was already threatening and begging the rest to send her home to her doorsteps! Best!!! Maryam was normally the icon of control and command in the class and it was sooo great to see her laughing her head off when the pontianak got electrocuted by lightning....yah, lame wasn't it, maryam? and I shan't tell you the boy behind me who was 'frightened' too... :)

-Bowling was, in the kids' lingo - AWESOME! we hit more 'longkangs' then strikes! It was also only my second time at bowling and I hit A strike! :) Maiira was pretty good for the girls, and I think for the boys, it was Arif (that's what my husband told me). Oh! thank you Nabmo and Nabjo for 'teaching' Nina how to bowl! I would have uploaded that video in Facebook if not for the sickeningly slow connection...

-Archery! Ehem..have never seen 'abang-abang archery' so full of vigour and spirit in discharging their duties! 'Semangat sangat!!!'

-Thoroughly enjoyed the karaoke session, though i did not sing. It was a really 'pecah perut' and almost 'pecah ear-drum' session. :) Humps...i mean, hmmmm..You people really know how to enjoy yourselves! ;) 'Baru ku tahu siapa ummi bila mikrofon dalam genggaman'... :)

-Arif hit his elbow accidentally at a table and had a cut. Wasn't deep, but ugly enough. He was washing it so thoroughly that I thought he was taking a bath and needed a towel...

-And Harris helped wash the Corningware pot.. :)

-And Abu said the azan so loudly at the kitchen, I thought he saw something or other...and it wasn't even marghrib yet!

-Fatin and syikin will be my ofiicial babysitter if I ever need one - they were superb!

-Maiira must be any mother's pet - she was at the kitchen, helping out confidently -'ringan tangan'...

-thanks Raje for helping me with the buffet wicks and containers. The next time you come, i will cook rice just for you... ")

-I also did not know that hot briyani beef can make someone jump up and down in an effort to beat the hotness! -hic- Afwan dear, next time I'll chastised the mamak for putting in WHOLE BLACK PEPPERS in the gravy....this is generosity gone very wrong...

-Back home for asar and marghrib, the girls used my room to rest, relax and ibadah. I enjoyed this quiet moment thoroughly. I still could not believe they were there, in my room, praying together.

-And the boys prayed marghrib berjemaah right ouside our room, at our family space too. Subhanallah! :)

-Oh! the playground thingy that night was really an X-rated affair - the girls had HUGE fun...I almost got worried that they'll tear down the swings and the see-saw! MasyaAllah, you don't want to know what they did, really!!! And don't worry, i will not tell anyone should the playground be 'unplayable' the day after!

-And imagine 5 girls squeezed on ONE seat? -hic- Unbelievable....

-Thank you to the kind soul who gave us a packet of sushi. They were delicious.

-In the end, the boys were put into cabs, because the CIQ was far and my husband did not want them to go home late. Thanks dear! :)

It was, all in all, an unforgettable get together.
The next day, Sunday, we sent Hadi to meet his JC friends for their school trip to Hj Dorani's homestay.
My husband saw his friends and the girls and remarked how different they were from the Irsyadians. :)
Ya Allah! May we meet because of our love for You, and depart for Your sake and may You bless this ukhwah and make us among those whom You protect and forgive - dunia and akhirat, amin.

2 comments:

  1. Wasted tk dpt gi.. Sori mdm tk gi.. Kene blk kmpg kat batu Pht. Sedih2..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Irshad...eh! Afwan, just saw the comment..there will be other times, insyaAllah...hope the batu pahat trip was a good bonding one with relatives.. :)

    ReplyDelete