Monday, December 21, 2009

Hadi-san

Hadi came back from Japan looking thinner, but leaner. Halal food was difficult to find there. McDonald's sold McPork, so he dared not even buy the fries. McPork! One would think the Mcs have more creativity than to name their burger that.... What I find endearing was the quiet confidence he wore - it's difficult to put a finger to it, but just like Halim, who went to Medan for a week, Hadi too had a confidence in his gait, in his looks and the way he speaks. Yes, being away from home does have good effects on you, I guess. And of course, he misses local food much. Everything local!
And yes, I found out again how difficult to let go. Started missing him on the third day, so much so that everything I touched reminded me of him. Part of the reason why I wanted to attend the SL Camp was to keep myself occupied. Yes, lame, isn't it? :)
All said and done, alhamdulillah he and friends and teachers arrived safely back home.
Welcome back, son....

No comments:

Post a Comment