Sunday, July 4, 2010

"Mak! hidung haziq berdarah!"

After preparing breakfast ( fish nuggets, chicken nuggets and french toast - :) was relaxing with Nina, watching tv when Halim rushed out from the kids' bedroom, shouting those words. A bit worried, for on Saturday, we went through the ordeal of nearly two hours jam at Gelang Patah, WITH NO AIR-CON - so the bleeding nose could be from heatiness. Grabbing a box of tissue, I went into the bedroom, saw Haziq lying on the bed, took out handfuls of tissue and was about to wipe his nose, turning him over when,

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAK!!!"

Awww! I GOT BUSTED - AGAIN! :)

Apparently, these kids managed to smuggle the present - a beautiful clock with carvings, into the house, managed to wrap it up and kept it somewhere - right under my very nose! Even Nina was in the secret, for she pointed to the wrapped present and exclaimed, "Clock, mak! clock!"

It's cliche - but words cannot describe my gratefulness to them...they accepted their mother in all her weaknesses - laughed at my lame jokes, speak praises of my 'cooking', endured my naggings, were understanding of my mood swings (Halim said i am 'pms-ing'; as if he knows... :)) and endured the long, tiring journey in and out of JB so that all of us can be a whole family everyday when they could have chosen to play football, or be at the beach cycling with friends...-
i have made many mistakes in my life, regrets i have plentiful, but they - my children - was never part of any regret nor mistakes.

They are the best thing that has happened to me.
A character in a film once looked at a baby and marvelled: 'How could anything so perfect comes out from two imperfect people?'

Ya Allah! May you bless my children dunia and akhirat. Amin, Ya Rabb...Amin...

No comments:

Post a Comment