Saturday, March 27, 2010

Things happen for a reason, a very good reason...

When I first discovered that my Lenovo laptop was gone, kaput, Anang's song, 'Separuh jiwaku pergi', came to my mind. Just like that. I then felt so ashamed. Afterall, alhamdulillah, no one was hurt in that morning most memorable, painful and fearful event. Alhamdulillah, both our cars were there and my children and us were not harmed. But my laptop....come to think of it, it is amazing how much of my 'life' was in that square, nondescript technological gadgetry - almost all records of my professional life - test papers, test results, video teaching resources, letters, forms...you name it. All gone. Gone too were parts of me - family photos, records of my works and my students' creative works - yes, including The Writer's folder as well - i will miss that....really miss that...my favourite music..MasyaAllah...
My only 'defense' was to NOT think, nor LIST, what i actually lost...the enormosity of it all has just began to sink in...and i fear drowning in that realisation.....you see, together with that laptop was also my only, ONLY, hard-disk...so there was no back-up as well....

I still want to believe that things happen for a reason. A very good reason...

No one can ever be too careful, nor anyone can be that evil to cause so much trouble to others...

May Allah replaced the misfortune with His blessings and pity and rahmah to my family...Amin.

1 comment: